Syncdocs Google Drive Sync Features and Details
Enhance Google Drive
- Sync any folders to Google Drive, not just the one folder Google’s client offers.
These folders can be anywhere on your PC, network or even an external drive. So you have the freedom to make Google work the way you want it, and not be forced to use another folder structure.
- Better privacy and security. Sensitive materials are automatically encrypted online.
- Access all your files offline. Unlike Google’s client, all files are copied locally. This means you have a complete backup, and you can edit these files when offline. When you go online again, your changes are synced.
- Sync multiple accounts at the same time. Keep your home and work and Google Apps accounts all in sync at the same time!
- Install without Administrator permissions – powerful automated deployment scripts help you roll out and pre-configure Google Drive to your users.
- Schedule Google Drive backups – backup once a day if you want. Your Google contact list is backed up too!
- Full control over sync direction – upload, download or both
- Maintain Google access rights on Windows – files you share without edit permissions stay that way.
- Shared files are also synced – Google Drive won’t sync files that others share with you, Syncdocs lets you choose.
- Facebook, Twitter and GMail file sharing – simply click on a file or folder to share it.
- See what’s going on – Syncdocs shows you the full status of the current sync. No more wondering how far you are from done.
- Smooth desktop integration
Even More Business and Power User Features
Sync and Copy
- Syncs automatically when changes or new files are made.
- Works with all types of files.
- Your folder structure is preserved.
- Google Docs can be mapped as a drive letter
- Your files are always at the latest version – never again forget your work on your laptop or USB stick
- Save a file on your PC and access it from your netbook, iPad or smartphone. All changes are synced back.
- Changes you make when offline are automatically synced when you have Internet access again.
Backup – Online and Offline
- Your files are securely backed up to Google Drive’s worldwide data centers.
- Google offers 15GB of free storage, with good prices if you need more space.
- Revision control means you can go back in time to a previous version of a document.
- Don’t worry about forgetting to make a backup, as Syncdocs backs up automatically.
- All your Google documents are also backed up on your local PC for offline access.
Migrate your data online
- Google Docs is less useful if all your data stays behind on your PC, and you can only import a few files at a time using the web interface. Syncdocs copies all your files and folders to Google in one go.
- Intelligent conversion features make sure your documents stay in the format you want and backups are made if document fidelity might be lost.
- Use Google’s powerful search feature to search your own documents.
- Access the full power of Google Docs by moving all your existing data online.
- Migrate docs from one Google Apps account to another.
Migrate your users online
- We work best with the tools we already know. Syncdocs allows you to mix your old desktop programs and files with Google Docs, transparently.
- This eases the transition to Google Docs by letting users make the move at their own pace, rather than a jarring switch-over.
- Different members of your team can use the program they prefer, and still get all the advantages of Google’s cloud platform.
Share and Collaborate
- Easily share files on your PC
- Control access. Share to the world, or to only specific users. Revoke access at any time.
- Stop emailing attachments. Stop worrying about multiple versions. Use powerful document sharing features to share and merge documents.
- Syncdocs enables live collaboration between Google Docs and Microsoft Word users.
- Access the power of Google from your desktop. Edit office documents on Google by simply clicking on a local file.
- View pdf files and office documents or email attachments on Google without worrying about viruses or spyware.
- Edit Microsoft Office format documents right from your local PC without needing Microsoft Office!
- There is no need to convert, upload and edit – Syncdocs does it all automatically. Best of all your documents are then in the cloud and kept in sync with local copies.
- Share any file and folder with anyone you want
- Easy sharing integration into Facebook, Twitter, GMail and LinkedIn
- Full version history for all types of files. Go back in time to an older version or backup.
- Multi-user versioning support on all document formats. See who made changes and when.
- Get complete control over what and when you sync.
- Select folders you want synced, don’t sync folders that have been shared with you.
- Sync multiple Google Docs and Apps accounts concurrently.
- Only upload/ only download
- Scheduled backups to and from Google Docs and Google Drive
- Create new Google Docs right from your desktop.
- Save or Open Google Docs from inside Microsoft Office
- Sync file permissions
- Power user command-line
- Hybrid search combines local PC and Google Drive search results. You can open local files or Google Docs directly from the search results.
- Pop-up notifications. See taskbar notifications for new shared files, or for changes by others to files you have shared.
- Your Google Contact list is backed up once a day.
- The low bandwidth mode uses less bandwidth and only syncs every 30 minutes despite local changes.
- OAuth support for single-sign-on (SSO) solutions like OneLogin and SSOEasy.
- Syncdocs can execute an external program at the end of the sync.
- Fully automated end-user deployment and pre-configuration.