Syncdocs version 3 – Even better Google drive syncing and backup
We’re happy to announce a major new version of Syncdocs, Syncdocs version 3
Improvements and New features:
– Strong encryption of files to Google Drive for enhanced privacy and security. Easily encrypt folders in Google Drive just by right clicking on the folder in Windows.
– Clearer menu options. User interface improvements bring commonly used features to main basic preferences menu, no longer confusingly hidden away.
– Very robust handling of all sorts of errors ensures your files are synced.
Minor improvements and fixes:
– mp3 playlist format compatible with more smartphone audio players.
– One click sharing of files works with Google Drive for goo.gl\xxyxx type URLs
– Better handling of files that are locked or that user is not authorized to read. These files are now just skipped with a warning and will be retried later.
– Better handling of file names with unprintable characters in them
– SSL errors from Google Drive are not interpreted as critical, and Syncdocs tries to work around them more smoothly.
– Editable sizes of files converted to Google Docs format increased to 50MB for presentations and 20MB for docs and sheets.
– New wyBuild automatic updater component, fixes update loops.
How to Update
The upgrade is free and will happen automatically. The old Syncdocs version should ask if you want to update automatically in the next few days. To update now, right click on the Syncdocs taskbar icon, go to Preferences -> Advanced -> “Check for Updates”
You can also download the new version and install it over the old one.