We’re happy to announce a major new version of Syncdocs, Syncdocs 2.
The main new feature is closer integration with Google Docs. Google recently released a new interface to Google Docs specifically designed to make syncing to Google Docs faster and more reliable.
We’ve rewritten the core sync engine of Syncdocs to take advantage of this new Google feature. Syncs that used to take up to 15 minutes can now finish in 15 seconds.
Improvements and new features
– Changes detected and synced faster and more reliably, especially for those with tens of thousands of files.
– New format Google presentations to Powerpoint sync support
– Ability not to sync root files (files in no collection) in selective sync
– Lower overall memory use
– New scheduler to backup Google Docs once a day
– All advanced setup options available during installation
– Ability to ignore filetypes and folders
– Better Dropbox to Google Docs sync
– Syncdocs sometimes did not reconnect after computer hibernated
– Some files uploaded to root were not visible in “Home”
– Once a day and manual sync now detect local changes made before first sync
– Better handling of Google server 403 and SSL errors
– Smoother mirroring of slow Google server recursive deletions
– Updates to content of files in root folder sometimes not occurring
– Deletions and renames sometimes resulting in duplicate files
– Bypass Google errors on Cyrillic and East European character sets
– Smoother handling of Google 503 errors during deletions
A big thank you to everyone who reported bugs!
How to Update
The upgrade is free and will happen automatically. The old Syncdocs version should ask if you want to update automatically in the next few days. To update now, right click on the Syncdocs taskbar icon, go to Preferences -> Advanced -> “Check for Updates”
You can also download the new version and install it over the old one.