What’s new in Syncdocs version 1.24
– Selective sync now supports local folders too.
– Arbitrary folder sync: select any folders on your PC or network to sync with Google.
– Multiple account support: sync multiple Google accounts at the same time.
– Context menu right click upload now supports folder trees as well as files.
– Google file rights are mirrored locally.
– Progress indicator when deleting a large number of Google docs
– Command line user name setting -u username and folder upload options improved
– Uploaded sub-folder contents not now shown in Google “Home”, only in “All files”. This reduces “Home” clutter.
– appsettings.xml now contains settings “ExtensionsToIgnore” and “FileAndFolderNamesToIgnore”. These specify types and names to ignore from sync.
– Symlinks to network devices now supported
– More informative display on once a day backup status
– Word merge popups less annoying.
What’s delayed until the next release
– increased Syncing speed.
– Fix for duplicated files and folders in root Google folder when access rights to child folder not present.
– Folder share with Advanced permissions option, now shares contents too.
– Fix for “not a valid win32 filetime” error when files come from certain Samba based NAS boxes
– Fix for “unhandled main loop error” on certain character sets
– Better handling if path greater than 260 characters.
– Start with windows fix for certain usernames.
How to access the new features
Access this through Preferences->Folder->Select. Check or uncheck the folders to sync.
Or view for a detailed selective sync how-to.
Arbitrary folder sync:
Access this like selective sync above, but click on “Add folder” button. Add the folders to sync.
Or see more info on selecting any folder.
Access this through Preferences->Account and then “Make shortcut” or “Use now” for the selected account, or use the new account “Wizard” button.
Or see more on how to setup multi-user support.
Access rights syncing:
See here for info on disabling or enabling the mirroring of Google access rights locally.
Many of these features are similar to the recent betas.
How to Update
It normally happens automatically. The old Syncdocs version should ask if you want to update automatically in the next few days. To update now, right click on the Syncdocs taskbar icon, go to Preferences -> Advanced -> “Check for Updates”
You can also download the new version and install it over the old one.