System and account requirements
You need a PC and a Google account. Here are the details:
Who can use Doc Freedom Syncdocs?
- The current version of Syncdocs requires Windows 7, 8, XP or Vista.
It also works on Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008R2
- Google and Drive Docs is supported on most smart phones, netbooks and tablet computers. See here to check yours.
- You don’t need an office productivity suite. If you already have one, both Microsoft Office and Open Office (ODF) are supported as preferred office suites.
- Syncdocs uses the Microsoft .Net framework version 3.5 and will automatically install it on PCs that don’t already have it. If you are running the USB stick (portable) Syncdocs, then you only need .NET 3.0
If you don’t have a Google account, then create one
- If you’re looking for a personal account, create a free Google Drive account here. You get 15GB free storage.
- If you’re a business, create a free or paid Google Apps account with your own domain here
- Syncdocs 32 bit currently supports Syncing a maximum of around 600,000 files and folders to Google Docs. The 64 bit version limits are higher.
- Maximum Synced data to Google is 1000GB.
- Mac and Linux users cannot yet run Syncdocs natively. You’ll need Wine, Parallels or Crossover for now. See the FAQ, “Linux and Mac” section for more on how to run Syncdocs on a Mac or Linux machine.