How to set up Google Drive encryption
A quick guide on setting up folder encryption
1. Download and install the latest Syncdocs version
(you will need version 2.36 or later)
2. Click on the Windows taskbar menu and select “Preferences”
3. Click on the “Folders” Tab at the top, and then the “Encrypt” button
4. If this is the first time you are setting up encrypted folders, you will be asked for a password. Enter your password, being careful not to forget it!
4 Select the folders that you want to encrypt.
Select the folders, or add new ones:
6. That’s it – you’re done. All files in these folders will be encrypted online, and only available on your PC.
If you look at encrypted folder on your PC it will have a lock icon.
while online, all your files in this folder will have “g_encrypt…” appended to their name.
Syncdocs encryption is transparent, once set up your files are automatically encrypted online, and decrypted on your PC.