How to run an application after syncing
If you want to do something with files that have just been synced, then you can tell Syncdocs to run a program after sync is complete.
At the moment, it is a power user feature, so you need to edit a config file.
Here’s how to do it:
1. exit Syncdocs
2. Make a backup of, and then edit the file c:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Syncdocs\[email protected]\appsettings.xml
3. Find the value “RunAppAfterSync” and set its value to true. (These three settings are normally at the end of the file).
4. Set “AfterSyncFullExePathToRun” to the path of the program that you want to run.
5. Set “AfterSyncArguments” to any arguments you wish to pass to this program, or leave it blank.
6. save the file
7. restart Syncdocs.
Example, open a file in notepad
When is the program run?
The program will be run at the end of the sync (after upload and downloading) if:
1. there are changes (no changes mean no sync)
2. the –OnlyRunSyncOnce option is specified
3. on periodic (every ~20 minutes) when a full Google check is done
For more advanced Syncdocs options, see this page on command line options