While we are working on a major new version of Syncdocs, we've slipped some of the fixes and features into a maintenance update of Syncdocs.
- Improved download reliability on large and locked files on slow networks.
- Speed improved on unreliable networks
- Google Forms design download. Form responses are now downloaded as a spreadsheet, but the form design (html) is not, as Google no longer supports this.
- Create New Google presentation from the menu and command line, creates new format Google Presentations.
- File extensions and file-names set to be ignored in appsettings.xml were sometimes not ignored when the file was updated on Google.
- Minor warnings are no longer shown on the status by default. This can be turned back on in the "Show Warnings" item in the Advanced Preferences menu.
- Google Drive download bandwidth can be throttled in the Sync Preferences menu. This lets you limit Google Drive's network bandwidth usage.
How to Upgrade
The upgrade is free and will happen automatically. The old Syncdocs version should ask if you want to update automatically in the next few days.
To update now, right click on the Syncdocs taskbar icon, go to Preferences -> Advanced -> “Check for Updates”
You can also download the new version and just re-install it over the old one.
We'll be releasing updated 64bit and portable USB stick version in the next few days.