We're happy to announce the latest Syncdocs update.
Reliability and performance update:
- Support for the latest improvements to Google Drive servers
- Dynamic block size feature means for users with fast (>20Mbit/s) links uploads and downloads of large files will be around 4x faster.
- Bypass for Google quotaExceeded problem with mp3 and mp4 files. Problem now only occurs on files > 530MB. The error is also correctly detected. Google is currently fixing this issue on their servers.
- Fix for issue where files deleted when Syncdocs was not running, that were also shared, would be ignored.
- Fix for updated files downloaded, but the file time set to creation time, not update time.
- Bypass for bug causing re-download where Google server was too busy and had not yet re-created the correct MD5 checksum.
- New "Run as Administrator" script works with Windows 10 November update (version 1511, build 10586)
- Fix on Windows Server 2012 and Terminal Server for deletions and changes sometimes not triggering a sync.
- The 64 bit executable Syncdocs64.exe is now packaged with update, along with a shortcut to it from the Start Menu.
- AdminSyncdocs.cmd a script to run Syncdocs permanently as Admin also packaged with the update.
How to Update
The upgrade is free and will happen automatically. The old Syncdocs version should ask if you want to update automatically in the next few days.
To update now, right click on the Syncdocs taskbar icon, go to Preferences -> Advanced -> “Check for Updates”.
You can also download the new version and install it over the old one.