Release notes for Syncdocs version 2.22
This is a rollup of recent bugfixes and small improvements:
- Improved handling on non printable characters in file and folder names.
- Fixed a bug to bypass unnecessary deletions and the re-syncs caused by the way certain applications save temporary files. This affects Adobe Illustrator, MYOB, Netbeans and Autodesk users.
- Selective Sync now bypasses Google xml errors for certain collection names, and shows these names, removes duplicates.
- Faster handling of updates to existing files and folders, especially when the user has no permission on Google to commit the update.
- Faster mirroring of Google permissions locally.
- Fixed bug where files with exactly the same name, path and content, but different mime types were seen as the same file.
- Verify Google deletes reported by changes feed.
- Timed or manual sync displayed 'syncing' at startup.
- Timed sync or backup displayed right time but wrong date.
- Timed sync or backup would revert to automatic sync on some errors.
- Fixed a bug where locked files were not re-synced once the file was unlocked later.
- Fixed a permissions inheritance mismatch where sub-collections on Google have been set with different permission to parents.
- Fixed error on Wipe Trash older than 7 days where next sync would unnecessarily re-upload files.
- Wipe trash function ignores files not found errors and now wipes more trash
- Don't overwhelm user with cryptic "access denied" error messages on Google file locked.
- Google server now adds http redirect for music files on Docs. Partial fix for mp3 playlists generation, playlists not work with all audio players yet, though.
How to Update
The upgrade and will normally happen automatically. The old Syncdocs version should ask if you want to update automatically in the next few days. To update now, right click on the Syncdocs taskbar icon, go to Preferences -> Advanced -> “Check for Updates”
You can also download the new version and install it over the old one.