We're happy to announce the latest beta version of Syncdocs.
We’ve extensively tested this version, on Windows XP, 7, 8.1 and 10, as well as Server 2008 R2, 2010, 2012 and on Terminal Server clients. We’d love any comments of suggestions.
The beta can be downloaded from http://www.syncdocs.com/downloads/SyncdocsBeta.msi
Syncdocs 6.218 beta release notes
1. Support for creating Google format link files (.gdoc, gsheet, gslides etc). This can be set by unchecking "Convert Google Docs to Office format on download" in the Files tab of the Preferences menu. This option is automatically enabled if users are upgrading from Google's Google Drive client.
2. If upgrading from Google's Drive client, then the Google Drive sync folder is automatically selected as the default, to limit re-syncing.
3. There is a warning if Google's Google Drive client is running at the same time. This prevents duplicates generated by Google Drive.
4. If upgrading from Google's Drive client, then files shared with you are not synced by default, to mirrow its behaviour.
1. Fix for "illegal character in paths" errors when path names have " in them and allow duplicate file names is not checked.
2. Fix for bug when you delete file shared with you, that you don't own. These files were deleted locally, but not on Google, and then these files re-appear on downloading. These files are now deleted, with the exception of files that the owner has not given you write access to. You cannot delete these files, in the same way the web client prevents you from downloading them. However, you can still choose not to sync them.
3. No warning message logged at startup when encryption not enabled.
4. Smoother handling of non critical errors means that non-syncable files will be skipped more often and errors in the Google Server list will be handled without restarting the sync.
Features added in the previous betas
• Around half the maximum memory footprint of previous versions.
• Much faster startup sync, no more “querying Google Drive” for minutes at a time at startup.
• Better handling of Google Server errors. Google orphan files are detected and properly handled. Previously, these zombie Google Drive files could lead to duplicates or unnecessary syncs.
• File integrity is double checked after download, to make sure that the Google Server sent the correct and full file.
• Files can now be filtered by date, time, size, filename or folder name match, extension match or regular expression via the file filter tab, shown below.
• Full long file name support up to paths of 32000 characters. (edit)
• Many other smaller bugfixes and improvements.
File filter options: